Friday, July 18, 2003

Don't Go Breaking My...

by Jeff D


At this point, I am completely running out of cliches and comparisons to the nights that SHATTERED DREAMS has been having....Every week there is a new story line, there is new drama and there is always something occuring that will be remembered (whether it be for better or worse). But saying that, I honestly believe that last night is up there on the top of the list of games and moments that Shattered Dreams has been a part of.
 
I have only word to describe last night..... H-E-A-R-T
 
H - Health.... The team is all banged up.... With Seltzer going down in the 2nd inning, the game looked mighty bleak.... The team rallied together and stepped up 3 notches to play one hell of a game. Every single person on the field last night knew the team was short handed and played inspired ball. That is what being a part of Shattered Dreams is all about.....
 
E - Emotion...... Emotion is definately the fuel that ignites this team. Last night, being down 3 players, Shattered Dreams took a couple of shots and one funnel of pure emotion and ingested the whole thing in to obtain the stunning victory. The team never got down, never got rattled and maintained a winning composure throughout the entire game.... Emotion works in a weird way. If we could filter out the bad  and only leave the good, wow, i am scared to think how good we would be....
 
A - Anna.... My southern darlin..... After a hard fought win and after playing a great game, what better way to congratulate ourselves then being in the company of the southern belle anna and the rest of the girls of Brother Jimmy's.....Kathy was great last week but I am not sure if there is anything quite as fun as doing shots and funneling beers with Anna.  We are welcome there with open arms and flowing beer. Last night was probably the best reception we have ever had there.... Everybody came up to us and seemed excited we were there. I don't know how much is real or a gimmick but I could care less.... Having funnels and the low cut ripped t-shirts in front of my face is really enjoyable.... to say the least...
 
R - Really, Really, Really, Really good playing..... As mentioned earlier, everybody stepped up and played inspired ball last night... Duff was 4-4 batting in 2 spot. Gaining the gator of the night for being part of 2 double plays a having a run scored and an RBI in the bottom of the 6th. Actually being part of 3 Double plays.... HAHA...... Collins show great aggresiveness scoring on the play where the Denim-wearing catcher couldn't find the ball at home....  The outfield stuck together playing 3 deep. The infield played great ball... WHAT A NIGHT..... Buji pitched great... Getting out of jams, not walking a single batter and mixing up the pitchers was tremendous...
 
T - Having Anna in mind, I could make this one interesting but I am going to go with he obvious.. TEAM...... We stuck together as a team... We came together when Seltz went down. We came together knowing Craig and Doug were out and we prevailed... "we were had a lot of thing going against and look at the outcome" spoke Focker right before guzzling 4 beers in a filthy funnel. Team...
 
HEART.... We have a bye week next week unless they re-schedule a make-up game.. We could probably use it although I hate not playing... Last night was tremendous.. SAVOR THE FLAVOR because it was that  damn good... I am sure everybody has the own thoughts on the game and the evening... Feel free to pass along you own comments on the game or the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment