SD,
Great start to the season.. I am feeling pretty good this morning!!!! Slight hang over... I was doing some thinking this morning of some of the highlights of the game and some ideas of what's to come this season.. I thought the defense played great.. Every single person in the field made a play.. Thats a huge confidence booster... I give our defense a 8.0 - Which got me thinking of where the different aspects of the team are... So without further ad - here are some ratings:
Defense - 8.0 - I thought the defense played great.. Would have been an 8.5 if the last inning didn't happen but I would take that every week. I am not sure if this was an incredibly accuarate gauge because the team we were playing had denim jeans but based on the competition, i thought we played great.
Hitting - 6.5 - Room for improvement here.. We hit the ball well but got under a lot of pitches. We showed hustle running every ball out and took extras bases when we could... We will get better..
Pre-game Chatter - 3 - Pretty weak here.. In the next few months, one of the only things I look forward to is game day.. Part of game day is the lead up to the actual game.. I am a fan of the pre-game chatter..
Pitching - 9.5 - EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE.. Perles pitched a gem.. 2 Strikeouts with bases loaded was huge... If the defense plays like it did last night, perles will keep us in every game.. With bad ribs and all...
Post Game Celebration - 5 - I think this number is a bit high but I had a good time so I am sticking with it. Plus since there were 5 of us there, i think it is how it has to be rated.. A bit surprised that opening day drew only half the team.. There is room for improvement here. Rohin - what happened??? I thought we recruited you specifically to drink at brother jimmy's with us....
Swagger - 6.0 - There were times when we up and down last night.. Swagger isn't something we could get better at with practice.. This team needs the mind set that we could beat anytime and play well at anytime... Some shoulders were slumped at points last night...
Some random rankings:
Perles Fear of playing on Malcolm X Blvd - 7.5
This Email - 7.0 - probably not the best but it is the first of the season.
Will Being On Time - 10+ - This was a strong perfomance.
Duff looking like he is from the deep south - 9.2 - With the Tony Stewart Nascar Hat and the sleeveless jersey, he looked like a combination of Larry the Cable guy and Bobby Ray Shumley..(don't know who that is, it just sounds hick) The only thing missing was the chewing tobacco..
All in all it was a great night.. Special acknowledgement to Will for starting the season off with a Home Run. I think that is a new piece of history for the Shattered Dream's historians.. Perles for his pitching and acrobatic attempt in the last inning to get the runner out.. Flat and Jon for playing a flawless left side of the infield and the outfield for making the plays and hitting the cutoffs... Good job guys... See ya all on Thursday...
SD4L
No comments:
Post a Comment