Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Let Me Check the RuleBook...



by Jeff D

Quick Recap

After a brief scare in the first inning, 4th Base took the lead 1-0.. I saw a bit of nervousness on Seltzer's face as to say, "here comes our first loss". There was already confusion in the outfield. Was Collins absence going to finally play a factor tonight.. Are the injuries or injury that have plagued Shattered Dreams this season finally going to have an impact. A strong play from the SD journeyman third baseman and another 2 outs and we finally got out of the inning down by a run, facing an uphill battle.. This will really be another test for Shattered Dreams. I am thinking about last week when we were down a run in the 7th inning and came back. We didn't get down last week and I am hoping we could remain focussed and not let ourselves get down this week. WE NEED TO REMAIN FOCUSSED... And then -
 
Will got on base, Ian got on base, Jeff got on base, Jon had a Grand Slam.. More runs, More hits, More walks... That is getting a bit insane.. Then the madness came to an end...
 
We went back to the field and I just had a feeling we could get through the inning. We need to play defense now... We are only up by 6 runs. Shattered Dreams have let bigger leads go. What a relief, we got out of the inning. Bats, don't let me down now. And then -
 
In what became the most historic inning of Shattered Dreams history, 18 run 2nd inning.. Will batted 3 times... Crowds started gathering, the press started sending people, and the umpire needed to check the rules of the game... HR's, Triples, Walks - You name it, everybody was scoring and hitting. The entire team had a hit..
 
The inning came to end and then we needed to play defense... Let's not give in now... just kidding...
 
I once wrote an email a few years ago that good teams are supposed to beat up on bad teams. Last night, a good team definately beat up on a bad team.. I will get to all the highlights and the history that was made in last night's game but first, with no no disrespect to the other team, this might have been the worst team we have played in Shattered Dreams history..
 
I don't have the book here but I believe Jon hit the first Shattered Dreams Cycle... Well Done...
 
Jeff pitched one hell of a game.. I think there was only one walk?? Maybe there were none.. Either way, good job in keeping us in the game in some of toughest pressure filled spots an pitcher will have to be in... 
 
SD, I will not be there next week but will be checking email.. In my absence, stay focussed, play hard and lets keep the momentum going.... Good job last night..
 
SD4L



No comments:

Post a Comment