Thursday, May 27, 2004

Mercy Mercy Me (it's a walkoff)

by Jeff D


Shattered Dreams has had some ridiculously high points in its illustrious time as a franchise.. It has also had some low points...But very rarely, do we have times when it is just in the middle of the road. Right now, I think we are in that time. Here are some of the reasons:
 
Monday games suck... Clear and simple. Most of the time we are looking to go out, drink some beers and hang out... Monday night games limit that. Not because we can't go out on a monday, mostly because its the beginning of the week and it would set a real tired and annoying tone for the rest of it.
 
Mercy Rules..... I honestly think we are playing much improved ball.. I think the defense is solid and I think our bats are stronger.. BUT, i am not sure the competition has gotten better too. In 5 games, we have had 3 mercy rules... Now I love a Shattered Dreams victory any way it comes, but 3 mercy rules in 5 games makes the games a bit anti-climatic....
 
Weather.... If it was a sunny clear night last night, I am sure attitudes would be a bit different. ..
 
I am not trying to bring anybody down by this.. Quite the opposite... I am looking at our schedule and see that the next stretch of 3 games are going to be big games... We have our enemies the Twinkies... We have the Hank Greenbergs and we have Double Down.. I am hoping we regain our excitement and anticipation for the game... SHATTERED DREAMS!!!!!
 
ok, on to the recap-
 
Playing on a field where the dirt is somewhat leveled and you could gauge the bounce of the balls helps so much. The infield didn't look like they were playing in 52nd, they made this game look like it was played in the Dominican Republic with their stellar plays. The all latino infield of jose "flatino lineo" isaac at 3rd was excellent.. Playing the caliente corner excellente. Sticko Grande played perfecto at SS. Muy Blanco Shafto played 2nd like he was playing a hot tomale and Ian Rohin was great at first, making all the scoops and catches and turning a key double play..... I am sorry, i meant El Gigante primo. I have absolutely no idea if that makes sense....
 
Now Offensively, the entire lineup contributed but there were 2 displays of power that were huge.. Buji's triple that looked like he could have had his first round bagger and then the power of Raw Dog hitting a Walk Off 2 run JACK in the bottom of the 5th. THE BOL is awesome.. Folks,  It's a Walk off...
 
As mentioned above, Flatline made what might be the top contender for play of the year at 3rd. A deep shot that went directly over the bag. He lunged and made a rocket of a throw dead on to get the out. Rohin turned a nice double play when there was a runner on 3rd with one out. And the great 6-4-3 DP was a treat..
 
Seltzer and Craig both had HR's...
 
Asked for comments on the game, Liebowitz said, "We got rid of the bad karma we had on this field from the championship game. We rebounded from the lost we had last week. and we are ready to go for a run that will be like no other." Great confidence from the SS.
 
Ok, so there needs to be a new sense of excitement and energy.. Shattered Dreams is going to be an insane force this summer.... Good job last night and start getting pumped now for Wed night against Double Down...
 
Dubs Out....
 
SD4L

No comments:

Post a Comment